Ethical hacking is the practice of legally infiltrating company networks to find potential faults that hackers could exploit to gain access to the network. The goal of these ethical hacking efforts is to discover any exploits before they come into the hands of malicious attackers and to patch them before they can be used in an attack. Ethical hackers employ a variety of hacking tools and programming languages to accomplish their goals.
Today, we’ll go through the top 11 programming languages for successfully hacking a corporate network. However, we recommend that you secure all appropriate permissions before employing such high-tech hacking software, otherwise you may find yourself on the radar of law enforcement agencies.
Best Programming Languages for Hacking
The 11 finest hacking programming languages for ethical hackers are discussed here. Before diving into the list, keep in mind that the ideal programming language for hacking will mostly be determined by the type of attack you intend to carry out. Any language can be a deal-breaker if you have a proper strategy in place.
Python, the de-facto language for hacking programming, is widely regarded as the greatest programming language for the job — and good reason. Ethical hackers frequently utilize this dynamic programming language to create on-the-fly hacking applications. Python, when used correctly, can do practically anything, from evaluating the integrity of corporate computers to automating the majority of your hacking programs.
Key Features of Python
- Python’s interpreted nature allows it to execute compilation without needing.
- An easy-to-understand language that is beneficial to new ethical hackers.
- It has a large community that uses 3rd-party plugins/libraries daily.
- One of the most effective programming languages for gaining access to web servers.
- It makes writing automation scripts quite simple.
- Python allows for quick reconnaissance of the target network and accelerates prototyping.
For breaking into corporate apps, C is the best programming language. Most commercial software, as we all know, is licensed under a proprietary license that requires payment to activate, so hackers will have to do some reverse engineering to get around it. The C hacking language provides the low-level access required to inspect the machine code and bypass all such activation methods. You can break company software and even design your own unique hacking programs if you understand C.
Key Features of C
- C is a high-speed, low-level programming language.
- C is used to build most current systems, including Windows and Unix, thus knowing it is crucial if you wish to fully comprehend these systems.
- Used to get low-level access to memory and system processes.
- Used by experienced security professionals to simulate a library highjacking attack.
Structured Query Language (SQL) is one of the most popular hacking programming languages among ethical hackers. SQL is the ideal programming language for breaking into business databases because most web-based software keeps vital information like user passwords in some type of database. You won’t be able to defend against database threats unless you have a thorough understanding of SQL.
Key Features of SQL
- SQL is a database communication language rather than a standard programming language.
- Used to create SQL injection-based hacking applications.
- Used by hackers to conduct unauthorized queries to steal unhashed passwords.
- MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL are all popular SQL databases.
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor, a dynamic programming language. It is used to create current content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal. Because these CMSs are used by the majority of personal websites on the internet, a thorough understanding of PHP is required to compromise such networks. So, if web hacking is your thing, we strongly advise you to brush up on your PHP skills.
Key Features of PHP
- Used to create server-side hacking programs.
- Deprecated scripts are common on older PHP websites, and exploiting them correctly might provide you simple access to servers.
- You’ll be ready to take down defective websites as soon as you detect them if you have a better comprehension of this hacking code language.
- PHP is without a doubt the most effective programming language for breaking into personal websites.
- It is the de-facto standard for creating cross-site scripting exploits.
- Used to simulate assaults not only on the server but also on the client.
The most extensively used programming language in the industry is still Java. Many “legacy” as well as current web servers, such as Apache Tomcat and Spring MVC, are powered by it. Furthermore, since the launch of Android, Java code has been installed on over 3 billion mobile devices. So, contrary to popular belief, this language is still relevant. If you’re seeking the greatest programming language for breaking into mobile devices, look no further than Java.
Key Features of Java
- Hackers utilize Java, just like C++, to reverse engineer commercial software.
- Professional penetration testers rely on it heavily to curate scalable servers for delivering payloads.
- For advanced ethical hackers, Java allows them to create cutting-edge hacking applications.
- Java, unlike C++, is a dynamic language. This means that you can run your hacking applications on any platform that supports Java once you’ve written them in Java.
- To write hacking apps for the Android system, you’ll need a better understanding of Java.
Ruby is quite close in syntax to Python, which is one of the greatest programming languages for hacking multi-purpose corporate systems. Even though both languages are excellent at automating basic hacking programs, Ruby is more web-oriented. Due to its increased versatility for building exploits, Ruby is undoubtedly one of the greatest programming languages for hacking.
Key Features of Ruby
- If you want to master the art of writing effective exploits, you’ll need Ruby.
- This scripting language, which draws many syntactical components from Smalltalk, is a great choice for quickly building hacking programs.
- After compromising a network, experienced hackers frequently utilize Ruby to develop CGI applications.
LISP, one of the most famous hacking programming languages, was the go-to answer for old-school hackers looking for creative solutions to software problems. Although its popularity has waned as a result of its fairly complex programming style and the rise of more verbose languages like Python and Ruby, people who know LISP are highly regarded in the hacker community. In conclusion, it’s the ideal programming language for breaking into complex networks, and it’ll help you gain popularity among your peers.
Key Features of LISP
- Because LISP is machine-independent, you can create customized hacking programs without having to worry about architecture.
- LISP’s high-level debugging capabilities are useful for locating runtime issues in enterprise programs.
- LISP makes it simple to create useful macro systems, enabling the creation of powerful exploits and payloads.
- LISP’s broad control structures and full I/O library assist ethical hackers in curating incredibly enticing hacking tools.
Although Bash isn’t quite a full-fledged programming language, it’s a must-have if you want to learn hacking programming. Bash is the default command shell in most Unix systems, and Unix is the foundation of every major server. Bash will come in handy when you’ve acquired access to a network using a variety of hacking apps to manipulate the system. It’s like the Swiss army knife of modern hacking programs, and it’s a must-have for security buffs.
Key Features of Bash
- Bash allows you to automate the majority of the hacking applications you’ll use to break into a network.
- Bash is the finest scripting language for creating incredibly intricate programs that require altering the filesystem and directory structure.
- You can penetrate and control hard-to-break systems if you can build and understand complicated shell scripts.
Assembly is one of the greatest programming languages for hacking primitive systems. It is one of the most powerful yet difficult to learn hacking languages. Assembly’s ability to alter low-level system operations with ease makes it ideal for designing rapid and effective hacking tools. It’s also the best programming language for creating malicious software like viruses and trojans. As a result, if you can persevere through the high learning curve, the result will be rewarding.
Key Features of Assembly
- Hackers can control systems directly at the architectural level using assembly language.
- With Assembly, you can simply modify CPU accesses and execute instructions on compromised computers.
- This is the de-facto programming language for computer viruses and other malware.
- Assembly makes it simple to develop complex hacking programs that take advantage of interrupt services.
- Assembly is the finest language for time-sensitive assignments, despite its difficulty to grasp.
It’s one of the most useful programming languages for modifying ancient LISP programs. The scheme is a programming language that supports a variety of hacking paradigms, such as functional and imperative programming. So, if you’re in a rush and want to put together a clean and tidy hacking program for your next target, the Scheme can come in handy.
Key Features of Schema
- Schema has functional programming and recursive algorithms that make it a good alternative for creating high-tech hacking programs.
- Despite its small core, the language is quite extendable.
- The approach allows for delayed evaluation, making it simple to create asynchronous software.
- Scheme’s Hygenic macro feature allows programmers to easily extend the language without interfering with its basic grammar.